EVERY CHILD DESERVES A CARING ADULT
Growing up, I was surrounded by adults who spoke life into my passions, supported my goals, guided my decisions, cared about my growth, and encouraged me to pursue a path of success.
My heart breaks when I think of the thousands of young people in the Miami Valley who are going without these types of adults in their lives. They are attempting to navigate life without the very thing that is at the center of humanity...meaningful connections with others, a sense of belonging, and a hope for the future.
CHANGING THEIR STORIES
The Miami Valley Leadership Foundation is helping to ensure every young person has a special, caring adult relationship through mentorship.
As mentors, we can impact the whole child. We fill the gap as a caring adult while preparing them for success in their future through career readiness and workforce development.
HOW I GET TO HELP
It's a real honor to serve as Miami Valley Leadership Foundation's Program Director where I:
- Recruit and provide evidence-based training to people of good-faith and good-will within the community who wish to mentor vulnerable youth
- Partner with schools, churches, and community leaders to develop mentoring programs that meet the needs of the youth they serve
- Maintain accountability components for grants and other resources provided to Miami Valley Leadership Foundation Mentoring Program
- Research and develop best practices for sustaining mentor and mentee relationships
- Develop and implement a curriculum focused on workforce readiness within the mentoring program
- Serve and minister to the mentors who are investing their lives to impact a generation
WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP
The Miami Valley Leadership Foundation's team is lean. We save resources by working in our home and church offices and many of our staff work part-time or are volunteers. As I think about the many, many youth in the Miami Valley in need of an adult who cares, I'd like to invite you to be my financial partner.
Your one-time or recurring gift helps to:
- Cover a percentage of my annual salary
- Provide resources for mentor training and continued mentor growth
- Conduct research and further develop high impact mentoring programs
Bottom Line: Your gift means more young lives changed.
With your help, these young lives will grow into compassionate adults, raising thriving children, and before we know it - we've impacted generations.